What Do Trucking Accidents Lawyers Do?
Trucking accident lawyers are very important for every single person involved in an accident with a truck. In such a situation, there is a very good possibility your injuries are serious. It can be very difficult to identify liable parties, get the evidence you need to prove what happened, talk to eyewitnesses, and discuss the case with insurance companies. All of these are necessary if you want to file a personal injury claim, which is very difficult when injured. This is where trucking accidents lawyers step in to help by performing things like the following.
Determining Truck Accident Case Liability
One of the most important things you have to remember about truck accidents is that they are so much more complex than crashes involving regular vehicles. The truck driver is usually the party determined to be at fault. But, there are so many others that might exist. Some that could be mentioned are:
- The manufactured of the truck
- The company responsible for truck maintenance
- The truck company
- The insurance companies involved
- The company responsible for loading cargo
- Governmental agencies
There is a need to start an investigation in order to determine liability in any truck accident case. You might believe you know who is at fault but several other parties might share liability. The truck accident attorney determines all of them so that the personal injury claim can be complete.
Building A Very Strong Case
Claims might be compiled to negotiate with insurance companies or might be used in court. Regardless of the situation, the trucking accident attorney will perform several activities with the focus put on building a very strong case capable of recovering full financial compensation. Some of the things done during investigation phase are:
- Collecting evidence for the case. This includes photographs, videos, and police reports, together with data coming from onboard electronic systems, expert testimony, statements from eyewitnesses, and much more.
- Gathering and compiling medical expenses and bills.
- Negotiating settlement deals with insurance companies for clients.
- Identifying all the liable parties, together with associated insurance carriers.
- Going to trial when insurance companies do not want to settle for a fair amount.
One of the most important tasks for the trucking accident lawyer is to prove what happened. This is why the investigation phase is so important and it is particularly important when dealing with insurance companies.
Proving The Case
You might be completely convinced that you are not the one at fault for what happened but this does not mean the other parties involved will not do all they can to prove differently. Also, you are the one that has to prove negligence and liability when discussing with both insurance companies and other attorneys.
Also, it is up to you to prove what economic and non-economic damages you suffered. This is not at all an easy task when discussing the case of the truck accident, which is always very complex. The trucking accident lawyer already knows what to do and how to prove the case so that you can end up with the financial compensation that will cover everything you lost.